Welcome to your monthly Pudgy recap! As promised, we’ll continue to provide monthly updates for penguins who were sleeping in their igloo. Here’s your August recap!
At the end of July and beginning of August, we talked about how August would be a month of us planting our flag in the Web3 world. We activated from all angles, innovated in IP, began building out our identity infrastructure, and overall grew in one of the worst bear markets in the NFT space, all alongside our amazing community, The Huddle. We told you all that August was going to be a big month for Pudgy Penguins, and that’s really what it became. Let’s travel across the Pudgy Universe and look at everything we accomplished in August.
Pudgy Toys Lineup
In July, we announced our partnership with PMI Toys, and how we will be offering licensing opportunities to our holders for Pudgy Toys, releasing in Q4 of 2022. Well, this month, we announced the Penguins we ended up choosing for our deal and also teased one of the toys.
Pudgy Toys is a huge initiative for us, as it is the beginning of us building in the IP vertical. We want to really utilize the Pudgy Penguins IP, and this is just the beginning to us doing just that!
If you would like to know more about Pudgy Toys or our partnership with PMI, click here.
Pengu Advisory Board
In August, we announced our advisory board full of thinkers, executors, and industry titans, who will be working alongside us and the community to build Pudgy Penguins into a global brand. Our advisors are here to not only build for The Huddle, but they are also here to build with The Huddle. We know that with our team, community, and advisory board, we can take Pudgy Penguins to the next level.
Pudgy Children's Book
The Pudgy Penguins children's book is coming to a bookstore near you in Q1 of 2023, and the Penguin characters featured in the book are directly from the community. The Green Kids Club partnership we announced this month was our second IP licensing opportunity to our holders, which enabled us to expand our IP initiatives to new avenues, all through storytelling. For this partnership, we will also be donating a portion of the proceeds to penguin conservation groups!
One of the main aspects of August was furthering our development in identity of Web3. That’s why we released PenguPins, which is an identifier of your digital impact and involvement in the Pudgy Penguins community and our various initiatives.
Check out our thread below on PenguPins:
Native Listings on Pudgy Marketplace
A couple months ago, we announced the Pudgy Marketplace in collaboration with Origin. Well, this month, we introduced native listings to the Pudgy Marketplace which allows buyers and sellers to trade directly on our marketplace, in a safe way. The goal of the marketplace has always been to provide easier access to our collection, which is in line with our goal of onboarding the masses in a safe way!
Check out our marketplace here.
Other Notable Happenings in August
- Penguins continue to trend on social media.
- KinkyBedBugs bought a Penguin for 400 ETH and was covered on multiple news sites, and featured on Rug Radio.
- The big Penguin sale was a hot topic on Twitter, and more and more people are starting to see that Penguins are a force to be reckoned with.
- Pudgy Penguins made an appearance on Rug Radio, and got Farokh to change the spaces name to ROG Radio. Listen to the spaces here. Pudgy Penguins also went on the Nansen & Benzinga podcasts.
- Giphy milestone reached: 200 Million impressions. Check out our Giphy here.
- The collection crossed 60k ETH total volume on Opensea.
- According to Prospercircle, the collection has had 100% active trading days, meaning there was a sale every single day since mint, about 400 days ago.
- Pudgys were integrated into WorldWideWeb3. Check it out here.
- We ran a multitude of different community events that included multi-community poker events, video editing meme school, community-lead Twitter Spaces, and an Alethea AI demonstration.
- Premint collaboration with BRICK and Jadu.
In all, August was a very big month for Pudgy Penguins but it was just the start of many more. We said we would plant the flag for Pudgy Penguins in August, and we did just that. But, it wasn't just the team, it was the whole community. In August, the community came together every day, participated in showing the Penguins to the world, and built with us. Every time we would have a Discord AMA or just an appearance, the Pudgy Penguins community was there ready to innovate and build the brand with the team.
Like we always say, the Pudgy Penguins community is a testament to a two-faceted system in building a brand, and in Web3, we want to build with our community always being there. From the team, we want to thank everyone in The Huddle, our community, for being a part of this journey with us. As we continue to grow and expand the Pudgy Penguins brand, we want you all there, every step of the way.
Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Discord and check out our Opensea.